What are chakras?
Chakras are different energy points in our bodies that are thought to be spinning disks of energy which should stay “open” and “aligned”. They correspond to nerves and major organs which affect our mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being. The goal is to keep your chakras open, balanced, and aligned.
Common Ways to Keep your Chakras Balanced
Meditation, yoga, breathwork, visualization, colors, sound, food, reiki, the use of crystals, and essential oils are common ways to keep your chakras open, balanced, and aligned.
- Feelings of loneliness and insignificance
- Overly attached to material objects or achievements vs. connecting to a more spiritual part of living
- Migraines or tension headaches
- Inability to see others’ points of view or ideas
- Struggles to find meaning in life
- Difficulty making decisions
- Headaches or tension near brow area
- Brain fog
- Lack of inspiration
- Overactive imagination
- Fear of speaking up and saying what you want or feel
- Feeling inclined to go along with others so you don’t upset anyone
- Sore throat or feeling like your throat is blocked
- Jaw pain or teeth grinding
- Pain or stiffness in neck
- Nervously cannot stop talking
- Fear of commitment & inability to receive love in any form
- Pleasing others to be loved
- Holding grudges
- Asthma or allergies
- Pain in upper back or chest
- Tight or overly flexible shoulders
- Lack of self compassion
- Feeling powerless or victimized
- Not committed to acting on your plans or dreams due to poor self-esteem
- Digestive issues or abdominal pain
- Overinflated ego
- Inability to follow through with goals
- Difficulty becoming emotionally or sexually intimate
- Struggling with a healthy self-image
- Lower back and hip mobility problems
- Feeling easily overwhelmed
- Loss of imagination and creativity
- Feeling stuck in life or sluggish
- Stress due to over-reliance on external circumstances
- Feeling not good enough the way you are
- Pain and stiffness in feet or legs
- Feeling ungrounded, unsafe, or insecure
Colors and our Chakras
Crown Chakra: Purple
Third Eye Chakra: Indigo
Throat Chakra: Blue
Heart Chakra: Green
Solar Plexus Chakra: Yellow
Sacral Chakra: Green
Root Chakra: Red
Now, I am not an expert on chakras, however, I would like to talk about the use of colored clothing and accessories and our chakras. Each of the seven chakras corresponds to a color.
Jolene Hart, beauty and wellness expert and health coach, mentions in her book Ignite Your Light, “Just by bringing energy and consciousness to a specific chakra, you begin to support your health in that area.” She adds, “Because each chakra is associated with a color, finding the chakra or chakras that could use extra attention could inspire you to bring a certain color into your life through food, clothing, or other objects (66).
Chakra Colors & Clothes
As a stylist, I want to encourage you to wear one of the colors above if you feel like your chakra may be off. Or, next time you gravitate to a certain color above, ask yourself if you are feeling a certain way that matches a chakra color!
Here are some recommended items for you to wear based on your chakra and its color! (Items linked)
↓Leave me a comment! Are you well versed in understanding your chakras? Do you tend to gravitate toward different colors from time to time but don’t know why?