A steamer is something I can’t live without. I use it when working on shoots & client’s clothes as well as my own clothes!
For some reason, I never used a steamer until I launched my career as a stylist. Perhaps wrinkles didn’t bother me but now I have to use one!
My trusty travel steamer is one of the things I have to bring with me whenever I go on vacation or short trips.
I traveled recently and forgot my steamer; perhaps it’s because I didn’t need it, but my boyfriend did! Instead of asking the hotel concierge for a steamer or an iron, he steamed his shirt in the SHOWER!!!
How many of you knew that you could do this? I did not know that this could be a quick steaming trick. His shirt didn’t get wet and it was perfectly wrinkle-proof.
So how did he do it?
- Put a hanger on your shirt
- Make sure your shirt is clean! No hair or dirt on it. Lint roll it if you can just to be sure!
- Smooth out any wrinkles and make sure the shirt is straight in the way you want to wear it.
- Hang your shirt in the shower on a rod or hook, making sure it is away from the shower head. Angle the shower head away from the shirt if needed.
- Turn on your shower to as hot as possible.
- Shut the bathroom door and any windows that might be open.
- Keep a close eye on your clothes and wait 10-12 minutes for it to be fully steamed.
Can you use this trick for clothing other than shirts? Absolutely. You can use it on dresses or pants too!
Let me know below if you have tried this trick or have heard of it!!