One of the things that interests me the most pertaining to clothes is the psychology of it!
These 8 VALS value types from Strategic Business Insights describe 8 different types of consumers. Which one are you? Do the clothing characteristics fit with you as well? Do you wish you were a different one?
No matter what category you fall into, I can be your fashion guide!
1. Innovator: Always taking in information, confident to experiment, future-oriented, receptive to new ideas, have the widest variety of interests & activities
Clothing characteristics: Image is important, likes nice things, clothing is used to express individuality
2. Thinker: Motivated by ideals, satisfied with life, mature, well-informed, open to new ideas, conservative, practical
Clothing characteristics: Conservative, practical, likes things that are durable & functional, value for $ prefers proven brands & products
3. Believer: Motivated by ideals, conservative, deep rooted familial values, religious, loyal to community, not looking to change society
Clothing characteristics: Predictable, trend follower, buys American brands
4. Achiever: Motivated by achievement, deep commitment to career & family, fully scheduled, hardworking, peer conscious, private, professional, values technology
Clothing characteristics: Image is important, wants services & products to reflect success, likes luxury items
5. Striver: Motivated by achievement, trendy & fun loving, limited financial resources, needs approval from others
Clothing characteristics: It is important to be stylish, will copy what other people have that they can’t afford
6. Experiencer: Motivated by self-expression, enthusiastic, impulsive, seeks variety & entertainment, wants to look good & have cool stuff
Clothing characteristics: Up on the latest fashion, first in & out of trends
7. Maker: Motivated by self-expression, practical, self-sufficient, straightforward, strong outdoor & automotive interests
Clothing characteristics: Practical, functional, prefers value & durability, may prefer secondhand items or making their own items
8. Survivor: Narrowly focused life, dreams are limited by resources, conservative & cautious, thrifty, routine
Clothing characteristics: Strong brand & product loyalties, may have more than 1 of the same item, will continuously purchase from the same brands, may wear out an item completely before purchasing a new one
Leave me a comment below! What stuck out to you? Do you fall into one or more of these consumer categories?